1. In continuation of its technical support to local Manufacturers in the production of essential materials to fight the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria, @SONNigeria has undertaken quality assurance inspection of mass production of Barrier Masks in Abia and Rivers States.
2. The Abia State Office of SON has undertaken a quality assurance inspection of Logistics De Luke Ltd., located at 20, Park Road, Aba, Abia State where mass production of Barrier Masks was ongoing.
3. Receiving the SON team, Director General, Abia State Quality Management Agency, Mr. Sam Hart, on behalf of the State Government described the inspection as timely.
4. The company had just received an order through the General Theophilus Danjuma Foundation to supply 200, 000 units of the barrier masks to Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps in the North East of Nigeria.
5. The SON inspection was to complement the efforts of the State Government through value addition to ensure that the barrier masks are produced to the requirements of the AFNOR SPEC S76-001: 2020 and thus achieve the protective measures that it was intended for.
6. In a related development, a team of SON inspectors from Rivers/Bayelsa office led by the State Coordinator Engr. Ayuba Samuel Ushe last week embarked on a maiden inspection tour of Nigeria Airforce Investment Limited Tailoring workshop located inside the NAF Base Portharcourt.
7. The MD of NAFIL, Air Commodore Clavartrinitas Uchechi Nwagwu who disclosed that the centre was established to produce coveralls uniform for the Air Force personnel as well as personal protective equipment (PPE) coveralls for frontline health workers, received the SON team.
8. Air commodore Nwagwu commended SON for being in the frontline of fighting COVID-19 during these perilous times.
9. He stressed that the company was ready and willing to complement SON efforts by ensuring that its products conform to applicable standards and are able to meet certification requirements.
10. According to him, the company had received orders from the Nigeria Center for Disease Control, NCDC and the Lagos State Government, while also getting request from other organisations.