> REGISTER NOW <

Please share it to others:-

 55-year-old woman, Patience Ugbana, and her 10-year-old daughter, Adaeze, have been electrocuted in Nnewi in Anambra State.

A resident told our correspondent that the incident occurred when a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, on the Nnewi-Nnobi Road, fell on the roof of a shop where Ugbana and her daughter were.

“The victims were rushed to the hospital by sympathisers where doctors confirmed them dead,” the source stated.

websitedesigner

Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Anambra State, Andrew Kumapayi, while commenting on the incident said that traders have been advised not to erect structures under high tension wires.

He said, “They should seek approval from relevant authorities before construction of any structure along the road to prevent avoidable mishaps.”

olastepnetworks

Confirming the incident to our correspondent, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Haruna Mohammed, said the incident happened on Monday evening.

He said, “There was a report at Otolo Division that one Mrs. Patience Ugbana, aged 55 years and her daughter Miss Adaeze Ugbana aged 10 years were electrocuted in their shop along St Peter’s junction Okpuno Nnewichi in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State when a high tension electric wire allegedly fell on the victims’ shop.

“Police operatives visited the scene and the victims were rushed to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching hospital, Nnewi, for treatment but they were confirmed dead by a medical doctor on duty.”

Mohammed said their corpses were deposited at the same hospital’s mortuary for autopsy while investigation would be carried out to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.

bigmarketnigeria

Electrocution.jpg


Please share it to others:-

> REGISTER NOW <

271 COMMENTS